header-photo

So, I went to the Dr. on Friday . . .

What was supposed to be just a visit to find out what's causing all of my pain turned into an afternoon in the ER. At the Dr., she decided it would be good to take some blood for testing, which is good for me too. I want to get to the bottom of this pain issue. Well, I didn't realize how much blood was to be taken until the nurse brought in a tray with 8 vials in it. OH MY! Well, I never had any problem with giving my blood before, so I didn't think anything of it. I was doing ok until about the 6th vial when I was starting to feel a little dizzy and light headed. Next thing I know, as she finished the 8th one, I was out cold and having a seizure, from what my wife, the Dr. and the nurses said. I woke up on the floor, but still knew where I was.

To be safe they called the medics in to take me to the ER and make sure it was not something terrible. After sitting in the ER for about 4-5 hours, the Dr. there concluded that what I had was a vasovagal syncope, which is more fainting and a tightening of the muscles similar to a seizure, or at least that was my understanding. It was probably due to just having so much blood drawn at one time.

So, now I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what's going to happen now. And I might have to quit my job and find something else less strenuous on my body as part of the solution to the pain. The bad thing is, all the jobs I have ever worked have been some what active in one way or another. So, my options may be limited, especially without a A.S.S. or B.A. in some professional field. I wouldn't have a problem going back to school, but how would I pay our bills? Again, not many options. I wanted to get into hotels and tourism, but here in Dayton, there isn't too much open in that area, unless I wanted to be a janitor or in housekeeping. Which neither would be able to support my family at the rate they pay.

Oh well, we'll see what tomorrow brings. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment